Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default I can't save word or excel files using save as

Two things to try:
1. Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows
desktop, left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect
any mapped drives that are not currently available.
2. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in
Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
update MS06-015".

russ45 wrote:

I can't save a word doc using save as. I can't save an excel file using save
as. I keep getting a save as "not responding" message. I have had no
previous problems with the save as function.