Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.setup.networking
Dawn Crosier

Default Creating areas for editing

They used the Forms toolbar to create fill-in areas. Then they
protected the document. There is a series of tutorials which should
help get you started.

Go to this page - about half way down, look for the series called
"Please Fill Out This Form"
http://www.mousetrax.com/TechPage.html#autoforms - pay particular
attention to Parts 1 through 4. You can skip 5 until you decide you
want to take the answers and populate a database.

Have Fun!

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Dan" wrote in message
I want to create a word document where i want only certain areas to
be allowed to edit. Like a form where i would have a line that said
Name and then next to it will be a gray highlighted area that the
user can write in and not be able to change anything else. How do i
do this? I seen this in some other word docs but cant figure out how
they do it.

tia