Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Bullet & Text combo

Correct, of course.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Maybe my reply was a bit unclear. By "bullet character" I meant any symbol
that you can add as a character from a font, including the arrows that you
mentioned in your message.

In contrast, "picture bullet" (in Word terminology) is an actual
picture/graphic inserted as a bullet; from Word 2003 (2002?), picture
bullets can be added to a style definition.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Well, it would depend on how you create the arrow. You can have only one
font and only one color as part of a "numbering" scheme, but if you are
using a font that includes arrows, such as TRN or Arial, you could use
one of those (they're not very satisfactory, but they are arrows) with
the word IMPORTANT; the whole thing would have to be red, however.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
In Word 2007, you can add text before or after a number or bullet
character, but (as far as I can tell) not if you are using a picture
bullet.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lcshrm" wrote in message
Is there a way to create a bullet list style that uses a combination of
bullet and text; e.g., a red arrow and the word "important?"

I have a client that wants several styles like this in a new template.
--
lcshrm