Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RPMitchal RPMitchal is offline

Default Applying Templates

Word 2003

It was my thought or understanding that one could apply a template to a
document which would reflect, among other things, the established page layout
of the template; including margins; headers and footers; graphics and styles.

In applying templates to new documents I do indeed get the "styles" that are
inherent in the template, however, the document is not reflective of the
header content or margins. Am I expecting more than I should in this regard?

Upon reading Shauna Kelly's article on the subject, I was under the
impression that I could expect the following when applying a template to an
existing document

€˘styles
€˘content (eg text, pictures, a fax header, a form to fill in, the outline of
your monthly management report, any content in headers and footers)
€˘page settings (eg margins, paper size, paper orientation, settings for
headers and footers).

Conversely, if I were to open the template as a new document and import the
text from an existing document into the template it works fine. However,
that means renaming each document in a rather lengthy series of documents.

I would be most appreciative of any insight offered into this situation.

Thanks - RPM