Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
alphatango alphatango is offline

Default Find and Replace

Thanks, Suzanne. I thought I was using all capitals in the search but I'll
sure take another look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I thought you were searching for words that were already in capitals (typed
using Caps Lock) and formatting them as bold? The search string that you are
using searches for *everything.* Shouldn't you be using [A-Z]? See
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

"alphatango" wrote in message
I'm putting ([*]@) in the Find box with formatting "not bold" and "all
caps"; and in the Replace box \1 formatted as all caps and bold.

Thanks for your reply, Suzanne.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What wildcard search string are you using?

"alphatango" wrote in message
I need to make bold the phrases and words that appear in all caps in a
long
document. I thought I was doing okay in the find and replace area, but
nothing I try works.

Could it be that when inputting a document, unless one goes to the Font
dialog box and chooses the "all caps" option, caps won't showup in find
and
replace using wildcards? I tried applying all caps that way and they
were
found immediately, but in the document at hand, nothing I try finds
them.
I'm sure they were applied by just holding down the cap lock.

Am I overlooking something simple?