Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
alan

Default include breadcrumbs in footer

great, thanks for the help!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

You can use the footer, placing one or more StyleRef fields there to
refer to the current headings.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:29:02 -0800, alan
wrote:

is there a way to automatically include the current section name (or outline
number) in a footer?

I'm working on a tech document (written elsewhere) which includes very long
sections full of graphics. It's very easy to lose track of where you are in
the document (while reading it, i mean -- I'm mostly lost altogether) so I'd
like to have something similar to "breadcrumbs" on a website. Maybe there's
a better way than using the footer?