Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Robert Morley Robert Morley is offline

Default Converting ASCII tables to Word tables

Thanks Suzanne. I hadn't clued into the fact that that was coming from
AutoFormat As You Type, though I hadn't really thought about it either. I'm
not entirely surprised that there's no facility to convert an ASCII table to
a Word table.

I suppose I could always make a macro in VBA...just ignore the +---+ lines
and parse the pipe-delimited lines. It's not a big project I'm working on,
so I'll think about it and decide later.

Rob

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
What's happening when you press Enter at the end of an ASCII row is based on
your settings wrt "Apply as you type: Tables" on the AutoFormat As You Type
tab of Tools | AutoCorrect Options. Unfortunately, the AutoFormat tab
doesn't include "tables" as an option, so AFAIK, there is no way to
accomplish what you want other than row by row.