Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Default copy picture out of word with full resolution?

Actually, I think a couple of you misunderstood what I stated after my
experiment; Word keeps the original (albeit in png or jpg format) so
that it can track the changes to create a new image. In other words,
no matter how many modifications to an image you make, Word does not
have cumulative damage after the first save.

And back to the original questioner, the Save as Webpage option will
work, but using an image editor to resize the image will give you the
best results (Photoshop or The Gimp have much better tools for
manipulating your images) and will allow you to save in a format other
than jpg if you have a quality image to start with.

On Jul 10, 5:02*pm, "William Bernat"
wrote:
Sounds like save as HTML is the only way (if high resolution source not
available elsewhere). Thanks for the feedback all!

-billb

"William Bernat" wrote in
. gbl...

ENVIRONMENT
Word 2007 SP1. Windows XP SP2.

SCENARIO
I paste a high resolution picture into Word. I shrink the picture to fit
my document. Now I do not have the original, but I need to edit that
picture as a high resolution image. I right-click inside of Word and click
copy. I paste it into a graphics program. The graphic is now low
resolution.

QUESTION
I know Word has the high resolution version of it. I just don't know how
to copy it out. Is there a way?

ty,
-billb