Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ZoeElizabeth

Default How do I get chapter numbering to appear in cross referencing?

Maybe I misunderstand you.

I am pretty sure that my chapter and page numbering in footers and TOC are
set up correctly, as described in the article you linked to. However, the
chapter number does not appear in the cross references.

Maybe I will redo and experiment.

Unless you meant I should read that article because at the end it says:
"Using this method, the chapter number will automatically appear in your
Table of Contents. (If you use the StyleRef field, or cross-references, as
suggested by Word 2000's Help topic on the subject, it won't)."

Thank you for replying though !
Elizabeth