Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default INCLUDEPICTURE HTTP address changed to CID

OK, try also unchecking Outlook|Tools|Options|"Mail Format"|"Internet
Format"|"When an HTML message contains pictures..."

It's not always easy to tell which Outlook settings affect messages
generated by Word mailmerge and which do not.

In this case, that appears to do the trick, but I am now not sure what the
exact field syntax you need and don't have time to look right now.

Peter Jamieson

"RGBglobal" wrote in message
I lost my last post #$^!
This POST was sent (lost) before the second (which now appears first)

Thanks for your quick response. I tried the two methods.

The first method made no difference. The html generated showed
src="cidub_res_files/image002.jpg
where I was expecting
src="http://www.rgbglobal.com/eMailAssets/Logo.jpg"

The second method did make a difference.
The coded generate showed
src="cid:http://www.rgbglobal.com/eMailAssets/Logo.jpg"
Where I was hopping for
src="http://www.rgbglobal.com/eMailAssets/Logo.jpg"

Any other ideas?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

See if one of the following still works - it used to but now I do not
know:

{ QUOTE { INCLUDEPICTURE http://www.mysite.com/myimage.jpg
\*MERGEFORMATINET \d } }
or something like the following, which was posted by someone else with
a simiar problem
{ QUOTE { INCLUDEPICTURE http://mywebsite/mypicture.jpg \d
\*MERGEFORMAT } \* MERGEFORMAT }

All the {} need to be the special field braces you can insert using
ctrl-F9.
One of them may work if you just want to send a link to a single image
(i.e.
all
the e-mails link to the same image). If you need each e-mail to link to a
different image, you /may/ be able to replace the URL by a mergefield
containing the URL, e.g.

{ QUOTE { INCLUDEPICTURE "{ MERGEFIELD picureURL }"
\*MERGEFORMATINET \d } }
or maybe something like
{ QUOTE { INCLUDEPICTURE "{ MERGEFIELD picureURL }" \d
\*MERGEFORMAT } \* MERGEFORMAT }

You may also have to uncheck Word Tools|Options|General|Web
Options|Files|Update links on save.

Peter Jamieson

"RGBglobal" wrote in message
I am trying to do a MailMerge using a Word HTML document which includes
some
JPGs. I create links to the Pictures on the WEB and the source
document
does
show the HTTP address in teh INCLUDEPICTURE field.
However, after the MailMerge executed, and if I look at the source of
the
outbound messages in my SentItem list in Outlook, the IMG SRC tags
contain
CID reference instead of the HTTP reference.
How to I prevent the embedding of the image inside the message
[IMG SRC = "CID:..."] html tag, or
how do I force that the email goes out with the
[IMG SRC = "HTTP ..."] html tag?