Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What do you mean by "free text" inside an If...then...else? Do you mean an
{ INCLUDETEXT } field?

I believe however that, providing you have the syntax correct for the field
constructions, all you need to do is update the fields in the document so
that the appropriate result will be displayed. That can be done by using
Ctrl+A then F9.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Weeze via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
Hi
When using an 'If then else' field, the contents becomes inactive. For
example, if the 'if then else' field contains a textfield, then one cant
activate the textfield to write in it.

I have this problem withe Office 2003 - It works with '97 but you have to
ckick on the contents to activate.

So my problem is that i need free text inside an 'if then else' - does
anyone know how?