Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Juarez

Default One user cannot open word files off of sharepoint

One of our computers cannot open word files through sharepoint. It is able
to open other file types (excel, pdf, etc) fine, but when they try to open a
word file, it just opens word and then goes to the typical downloading status
box, but doesn't go anywhere. Trying to close word just gives you an error
and you have to ctr+alt+delete to close it down. We just implemented
sharepoint, so I can't tell if this would have always been a problem or just
became one. On this computer though you can open regular word files on the
computer...just not through sharepoint. Has anyone experienced a problem
like this/have any suggestions?
-Robert