Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] gradelylad@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Merge overlaps when sent to print

I have a problem here I have researched but cannot find any answers,
we have multiple users at one location that when they perform a mail
merge, this works without issue, however when they hit the print
button all the text overlaps to the left of the page, in a single
vertical line. (looks like a single vertical line of chinese
letters !)
and this prints out like this.
This happens on multiple printers (different manufacturers) we have
varied print drivers (PCL 5 and 6)
We have reset user profiles, Service Packed the server to SP2 (server
2003), and serviced packed, and patched Office 2003. I have now run
out of ideas. I have found post on usenet with similar issues but no
resolution.
Can anyone assist please. I am no word expert, this is not really my
field, however my usual lines of assistance have revealed nothing.