Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] mshall2@gmail.com is offline

Default Word crashes when closing

When I close Word 2007 (in Vista), I get the following error message:

Word cannot open the file ~WRD{long string of letter and number}.tmp.
If the file is stored on your computer, there may be a problem with
your hardware. If the file is stored on the network, there may
be. . .

It appears to do this only when I open a file that is stored in a temp
folder somewhere. I've investigated this problem a little closer, and
others think it has something to do with HP printers - I do have an HP
printer, but I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the problem
persists. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,
Matt