Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Octavio[_2_] Octavio[_2_] is offline

Default Upcoming Windows 7

What is exactly the definition of "mail client"?
I am the "mail client" , or who is, or what is? (please clarify this for
me).
Thanks in advance.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Not necessarily. When you use IMAP instead of POP, the mail downloads so
you can look at it on your computer, but the decision to store messages on
your own computer is entirely up to you. Email is stored on the server
unless you explicitly remove/purge it, and so it does not "take up
precious hard-drive space". Outlook, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, and
Outlook Express are all mail clients that can do IMAP... to name just a
few.

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Gordon" wrote in message

"jaws" wrote in message

WHY would I want my mail to download on my
computer, take up precious hard-drive space,

Err ALL email clients "download" email to the HDD.........what makes you
think they don't? (And BTW, accessing email through a web browser is NOT
using an email client...)