Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Default Creating Web Pages using Word

Have a look at http://cvs.nvu.com/index.php:

"Nvu (pronounced N-view)
Finally! A complete Web Authoring System for Linux desktop users as well as
Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users to rival programs like FrontPage and
Dreamweaver. Nvu (which stands for "new view") makes managing a web site a
snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no
technical expertise or knowledge of HTML."

Nvu is free and open source.
--
Cheers
Robert

On 2 Sep 2006 00:05:21 -0700, wrote:

I'm a Mac user - I have Office 2004, I guess that means nothing to PC
users, but I use Word to create web pages, and will do so until I can
get something good and proper. I would use FrontPage except there is no
Mac version.

This may just be a Mac thing, but no matter what font I choose, some
letters appear screwed up ....I 've tried a number of fonts. I would
like to use Arial or Veranda but no success. Nor any luck with Comic
Sans or Helvetica ( I think thats a Mac font). Can nayone suggest a
web/Word/Mac friendly font?

Ideas? Suggestions? And yes, I am saving up for Dreamwaver

thanks!