Doug Robbins

You can either use and If...then...else field in Word that tests for the
value and inserts the value plus the units if it is not null and inserts
nothing if it is, or, what I would do is create a query in Access that does
that. Databases are better for data manipulation than Word processors.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Joshua Briley" wrote in message
Hello,

Thanks in advance to whomever posts a response to this
question. I have a word document that has numerous
merged fields from an Access DB. One of the merged
fields is a value that is followed by a static "mg/L"
statement in word. However, this value is sometimes
null. In my report, I'd like the "mg/L" to be removed if
the merged value is null. Is there a way to accomplish
this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Josh