Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default MS Word should permit use of hotkeys and macros

From the reference to "context tabs and ribbons" it's clear that Deemba has
a copy of Office 2007 Beta. If it's an authorized copy, then Deemba should
know NOT TO POST BETA COMMENTS IN A PUBLIC NEWSGROUP! If it's a pirate
ripoff copy...

To answer the bogus criticism: you CAN use keyboard shortcuts, macros, and
other aids in Word 2007. Have a look at Jensen Harris's blog, which has
discussed this topic many times
(http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...ory/11723.aspx). Specifically,
he says "Every one of the Office 2003 keyboard shortcuts continues to work
the same in Office 2007; there's no relearning necessary."
(http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...12/574930.aspx)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

CyberTaz wrote:
I want to use hot keys and macros and other short cuts

I don't understand why you think you *can't*

"Deemba" wrote in message
I am worried about the context tabs and ribbons. Although I applaud
the focus
on outcome and acknowledge the IU's help to newbies, I don't want to
HAVE to
see things and pick from them. I want to use hot keys and macros and
other short cuts to get my work done. I don't like all of the
pointing and clicking.