Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default create table of contents using headers

Header text cannot be included in a TOC. The purpose of a TOC (even if you
omit page numbers) is to list what page a given heading appears on. Since
headers by definition appear on more than one page, this is not possible.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the response - I am OK with headings, that works fine. But
in the same word.doc, I also want to use wording contained in headers
as well. Thanks again.