Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allyson

Default trouble converting Word/rtf document to Wordperfect

I need to convert a Word document to Wordperfect. When I click "save as" I
get the option of saving it as any number of Wordperfect formats, although
only up to version 5.x and Wordperfect is now on version 12. I am using Word
2003. When I tell it to save as a Wordperfect 5.x document it gives me a
dialog box that says some of my formatting may be lost, which is not great
but acceptable. So I click "ok" and I get the message "Word cannot save
Wordperfect 5.x for Windows files. The converter for this format can only
open files." If this is true why do I get it as a "save as" option? Why, when
I look at all help menus and online assistance does it tell me that I CAN
save as Wordperfect when I cannot? I have tried downloading supplemental
programs off the CD, updates off the web and nothing has worked. Can anyone
help me?? Thank you