Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charles charles is offline

Default Page numbering problem (Word 2000)

Thanks (for your continuing attention to this and your swift replies.) The
problem with using next page breaks is that this is a long changing
document. If I have to hard code fifty or sixty page breaks whenever the
document grows, I'm sort of defeating the purpose of having a powerful word
processor like Word.

I will take a look at your styleRef suggestion, though.

thanks again,
- charles

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
:

Instead of inserting section breaks "in the middle of pages," use Next
Page breaks. This will make it much easier to access the correct
header/footer. Also, if the header reflects content on the page, you
may be able to use a StyleRef field, which will make a section break
unnecessary; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.