Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default View Merged Data DISAPPEARING OBJECTS

As long as you have the original document with its images, I would probably
try something along the following lines:

Make sure you keep your original!

Follow Method (1) in the article I mentioned, i.e. switch off the automatic
creation of drawing canvases.

For each troublesome image in the document,
a. right-click the drawing canvas it's on (assuming there is one)
b. Cut
c. Edit|Paste Special and choose the Picture (Enhanced Metafile) option

(I'd test a merge by merging to a new document after the first such
cut/paste to ensure that you're getting the results you need).

What concerns me more is that you are getting your starting document from
elsewhere. If the above process works, but you have to do it every week, you
need to persuade the originator of the document to insert the graphics in a
way that's easier for you to deal with (Actually, you /might/ be able to use
a macro to do the work each time, but I don't think it would be very
robust).

I'm not that familiar with Word graphics either so you may get a better
handle on how to do this from someone else in here or one of the other Word
groups.

Peter Jamieson

If the graphic is inline
wrote in message
oups.com...
Good to know but my concern is the disappearing objects I have, which
are the most important part of that page in the document. You think
maybe when I selected everything and unlocked it that somehow I
unlocked those objects? Allowing them to move? I'm clueless. I was so
happy to get this working and now it's broken...