Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
MartinTosas

Default When to split a long document into separate files?

Hi there,

I have some doubts about whether to split a long document that I'm
writing at the moment into separate files.

From what size, and maybe, for what type of content, is it worth to
separate a word document into separate files? for example: one file for
each chapter.

The type of document I'm writing will be about 300 pages; with lots of
figures, which I insert inline and linked to .tiff files; and quite many
equations, which, I think, they are embedded objects from equation
editor; I don't use textboxes, and I don't use sections, because I've
read they could lead to corruptions???

What do you recommend for this type/size of document?

Cheers
Martin.