Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How can I merge multiple spreadsheet enteries into one word do

It currently only works with Excel 97-2003 format data sources. Your
tutorial is linked from the page.

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Doug,

If I understand the article correctly, your new method only works with
Excel data sources. Is that correct?

--
Cheers
macropod

I have developed a new method that may be simpler for you to use.

See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:
http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

"APP" wrote in message
Hi Doug,

I have used the very useful tutorial you referenced.
I added text after te repeated data. I have added a the key field as
part of
the text. The problem is that fr that specific field, the value returned
is
the next field in the data base. Where has it is te correct field in th
repeated area.
Here's an example:

Dear X,

Repeating data...with keyfield "productcompany" showing fine.

Text after repeaed data....
On belhaf of "productcompany" .

The problem is when in the repeated data part , the field value returns
item
i of the bdatabase, the same field is showing item 2 of the database in
the
text afer the repeated data.

Thanks for your help.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document
included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly as
required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"budman42" wrote in message
I have a list of accounts were 5 to 10 accounts are for the same
person / member # (which is also a field) and I created a word doc
that I want to merge with several enteries (the 5 to 10 entries of
the
same person) of the spread sheet..

Anyone have any ideas??

.