Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default Duplex printing across section breaks not working

That's because in a multi-section document, you must include the section
number when you are printing a range. So you need to enter something like:

p1s1 - p10s2

See Word Help for further information.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
Document is 80pages long with section breaks typically every 5-8 pages.
Set duplex printing on my printer (Brother 1440). Print All - prints fine.
Print 1-5 (no section break) prints fine. Print 1-10 (inclusive of 1st
section break) - does not print, i.e. no info goes to the print spooler.
Remove section break and replace with simple page break and try again -
prints fine.

Can keep repeating this process and as long as no section break duplex
printing works; otherwise it doesn't.

Hello, Doug!
You wrote on Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:24:14 +1000:

DRW What do you mean by does not work? Exactly what does happen?

DRW --
DRW Hope this helps.

DRW Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
DRW services on a paid consulting basis.

DRW Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

DRW "colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
DRW ...
?? Hello, All!
??
?? I have a document someone else prepared. It has a number of section
?? breaks in it. When I try to duplex print a section of the document
?? beyond the 1st section break, the printing does not work. If I
replace
?? the section break with a page break then the section will print
duplex
?? until it runs into another section break.
??
?? I there some setting I'm missing for printing without replacing all
of
?? the section breaks?
??
?? Thanks,
??
?? Colonel Blip
?? E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com
??

With best regards, colblip. E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com