Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dr. Darrell

Default ... Can I write custom Tool Tips ...

That worked nicely, except when I opened it on another machine the comments
were extended over to the right and they were printable. So therefore, it
appears that the settings you discribed are local settings.

Is it possible to do this but have it as part of the file?

Is it

"Cooz" wrote:

Hi Dr. Darrell,

It's no beauty, but you can use Insert | Comment to achieve this.
Set Tools | Options... | tab Track Changes | 'Use Balloons (Print and Web
layout)' to Never to avoid that your comments show up in the right margin.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Dr. Darrell" wrote:

I have a few lines of text in a form that may need to be modifiy for various
applications. Is it possible to add a customized Tool Tip for that line of
text.

If I place my cursor over a line of text a message pops on the screen
similar to:

If thare are multiple Items, then this statement needs to be modified to
indicate plural terms.

If this is not too complicated, please give me some advice.

Darrell