Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default window title file name

Those older versions of Word did not have the Windows in the taskbar
facility of Word 2002/3, so that (normal) behaviour couldn't occur. To make
Word behave like the older versions - tools options view uncheck
Windows in taskbar.

gbp wrote:
Suzanne
Now I have a new problem , which I never had in Office 2000 , or word
95 /
97...
I open a first document a.doc by double clicking the file , then
minimize the window.
After that I open a second document b.doc by double clicking the file.
The first word document window gets restored when the second document
gets opened.
This is a strange behaviour that I never saw.
Do you know the solution ?
Really appreciates your help.

"gbp" wrote:

Thanks Suzanne,
I tried to fix it from the explorer folder options , it didn't work.
Then I tried your winword /r command to register the word.
Now the title shows the file name.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suspect that you are opening these documents from Windows
Explorer instead of Word and that the file associations have been
damaged so that the default action for documents is New instead of
Open. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm
for instructions on reregistering Word to reset the file
associations. If this is not the answer, then you may have a virus
that is causing Word to save all files as templates instead of
documents.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"gbp" wrote in message
When I open any word document the title of the document is
changing to "Document1" instead of the file name.
Can anyone help me with this issue for Office 2003.

Detailed Problem

If you open a document called "request form.doc" , the title of
the window should be "request form". But my Word window title is
changing to "Document1"