Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Envelope added to Document

It's simple but not intuitive. Because the "letter" section uses a different
page size, orientation, margins, etc., if you just delete the section break,
you will turn the envelope into a "letter," which of course you don't want.
Here's how to get around that:

1. With the insertion point in the envelope, go to File | Page Setup.
Without making any changes, click OK.

2. Move the insertion point to the "letter" and press F4 (repeat). This will
duplicate the Page Setup settings for Section 2, making it an "envelope."

3. You can now safely delete the section break (more easily done in Normal
view, where you can see and select it), and the empty paragraph following
it.

"texansgal" wrote in message
I have added an Envelope to a document. I really only want the Envelope to

be
on there. How can I get rid of the 2nd page, which would be the document?

have done it before, but I can not for the life of me, remember how I did
it...

Thanks!