Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Arial 10 not spaced properly

According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Dave W wrote:
I'm experiencing a very strange problem. I've just installed Office
2007 and when a document created by a previous version is loaded in
Word 2007 and it uses the Arial 10 font then the letters display on
top of each other. Change the font size to 9 or 11 and it displays
OK, change the font family and it displays OK but Arial 10!

This does not happen all the time and I've fixed it by choosing
another font (not a simple task as there are hundreds of protected
documents to change) but I wondered if anyone else has been having
this problem.