Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default Word and Norton

Will that just disable the Office plug-in and leave the rest of the Norton
process working correctly?

And could you be very kind and remind me briefly what problems are caused to
Word if I don't do this.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
With some versions of the Norton product it may be necessary to unregister
the calling DLL by running the following command line from Windows Start
Run

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
or
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll"

aalaan wrote:
Hi. It's often been said in this ng that the Norton add-in is
responsible for much grief in Word, so one should disable it by right
clicking on the systray icon, clicking on the Option button, then
Misc, then clear the Enable Office plug-in check box.

Well, I installed Word 2003 for an editing client yesterday and there
was no option button, only display options...

Any ideas?