And if all you need is a page break, don't use a manual page break
(Ctrl+Enter); instead, format the heading itself as "Page break before"
(Format | Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks).

"Peter Kryszak" wrote in message
news
Well, after a bit more fiddling and realizing that Alt-F9 allows me to put
the breaks where they should be I think I have it fixed. I think there is

bug in the section insertion when in Print View that puts it in the wrong
place even though it looks correct at first. The TOC and following

Heading 1
text are displayed together when the TOC is refreshed.

Anyway, use View Normal and Alt-F9. Move the {TOC...} junk up a bit using
extra paragraph marks to separate it from the following Heading 1 text. I
had to select the {TOC} tag and Remove Formatting and do this for some of

the
paragraph marks too.

Then I had to reapply the formatting to what should have been Heading 1

text
and add back the page break. Maybe that should have been a section break;
I'll try that now.

Thanks to Shauna for the clue of using Alt-F9. I really do think there

is
a bug in either the placement of the section/page break and/or in the TOC
update code that swallows the paragraph marks and breaks.

--
Peter Kryszak
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.