Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charlie charlie is offline

Default Basic questions about forms in Word 2007

Many of the form features in Word 2003 are not found in Word 2007. I can find
them in the Legacy Tools but it doesn't flow well in Word 2007.

Here's what I wanted to do. I'm creating a form in MS Word 2007 that involes
input text box, check box, date and time selector.

First, I can use the Rich Text under the Developer ribbon for my input
textbox. The problem is, I can't find a way to adust the heigth and width of
the box. The same goes with everything in the Controls section of the
Developer ribbon.

Second, I can't find a replacement in Word 2007 for the check box control. I
can use the legacy check box control but it won't let me choose between a
check or an X. It's not flexible at all.

Third, I want to insert a time selector, drop down, or perhaps manually
type, it doesn't matter but as long as it is able to calculate the
hours/minutes between two time. For example, I clock in at 8:30AM and leave
at 3:40PM, on the third field I want the program to be able to calculate the
time in between and list 7hours and 10 minutes or 7.16 hours.

Fourth, the form has rows for 14 days (a bi-weekly timesheet). How do I
create the form so that on the date column, it automatically list each date
for the 14 days on each of the 14 rows? In addition, in the headding, I want
the date control to automatically list something like this: 7/1/2007/ -
7/14/2007.

Many thanks in advance.