Debutante

Hey Pop,

(Answers are in the parentheses)

Hmm, what should happen is an Explorer like dialog box should open that lets
you navigate to the file you want to Insert.

(I have used this before and understand the way it works but right now
nothing is happening..nothing launches..it just sits in my document)

Exactly what happens? Does the menu go away or fly back up, does it just
sit there, or what? is it greyed out or anything?
Right after you click on Insert, File, can you minimize the Word window?
If you can, then the command isn't working at all.

(Insert, File ..it ends there)

If you cannot, then it's working but the windows isn't being shown for some
reason.

Have you recently installed, or updated, or upgraded Office or Word? It
almost sounds as though an install failed on you.

(No other than this issue all is working well)

Can you say for sure that you do not have a virus or spyware causing a
problem? If so, what do you use to be sure?
(Adaware, Spybots, CWShredder, TrendOfficeScan)

What version of Word? What country are you in? What language is Word in?

(WordXP, English, United States)

Do you know how to do an "re-install in place" of Word? I suspect that
might be called for, but would rather see answers to the above questions
first.

(I know how to "repair word" through add/remove programs)

Many thanks!

Regards,

Debutante

Debutante wrote:
I said "nothing is happening" ..no choice to choose a file.
Nothing. Nada.

"Pop" wrote in message
[...]

Pop

Debutante wrote:
I said "nothing is happening" ..no choice to choose a file.
Nothing. Nada.

"Pop" wrote in message
Debutante wrote:
I am inserting a Word document into another Word document.

I click on Insert, File and nothing is happening.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Well, from what you wrote, you didn't choose a file to insert!
Got milk? I mean, got details?

Pop