Joseph N.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:06:20 GMT, Doug Robbins wrote:

Re 1, are you saying that you want the Directory to appear in
the Header of the document?

No. The directory appears correctly in a table in the main part of the document. What I'm trying to get into the first page header are some identifying information (client, matter, etc.) from the database. But it's just not going in. (Suzanne Barnhill suggested that not all merge fields operate in headers and footers, but she suggested that I ask in this newsgroup.)

Re 2, the borders that I set up in the table in the mailmerge
main document (above and below only) are faithfully replicated
in the document produced by executing the merge. I assume that
you are not mixing up the borders with the gridlines that can be
turned off from the Tables menu.

Correct; I am not. Did you have more than one row set up?

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "