Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Default automatic date changes

Hi ivory_kitten,

You might have more success with a SAVEDATE field, which shows the date the document was last saved. Just be careful not to -resave
the document at a later date unless you want the date to change. Even that can be overcome by selecting the date and pressing
Ctrl-F11 to lock the field, or Ctrl-Shift-F9 to convert it to normal text.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message news
I have a document template which is opened by an external database which then
merges the contents of the template and the info from the database in to a
new document.

My question is how can I have the "createdate" field show the date of the
creation of the new document, not the template?