Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Convert

Hi Ant

I've recently had the same problem, but I think you will find wps is the
suffix for stuff produced with Microsoft Works. I'm still struggling with
this but I've been able to read files (admittedly partly garbled) choosing
'files of type' set to 'recover text from any file' using dropdown in the
'open' dialogue.

"Ant" wrote in message
Hi, I have received some attachments with WPS extension, created with Word
Perfect, so far I have not been able to view these, as Word (2000) does
not recognise them. is there a work around for this

Thanks, Ant.