Jezebel

There's no standard way. When a graphic is embedded in a Word document, no
source information is retained, not even the original format in the case of
graphics. You could create a style called something like Graphic Info, with
the font style set to hidden.

I agree with the other poster: even if you don't want to link the file,
always keep the original anyway. Documents full of graphics particularly
from multiple sources are more prone to corruption.

"jay" wrote in message
oups.com...
A frequent problem for me is tracking graphics and other support files
for a publication.
Most of my docs have numerous graphics, often from different sources.
(Visio, screen captures, eps or bitmaps from PDFs, etc.)
Word doesn't seem to keep any info on the filename or graphic type
unless the graphic is linked?

What are some favorite tricks for tracking all this stuff?
Is there a reasonable way to keep the info inside the doc for future
reference?

Thanks!
Jay