Jezebel

For single documents, I use a dedicated folder for the document and its
supporting files(also containing the inevitable historic versions, client
comments, etc). But you seem to need to track more details about where the
files came from, which I'm not normally concerned about.

For larger projects I use a spreadsheet, with a set of macros to track the
set of documents as a whole.

"jay" wrote in message
ups.com...
so- do you keep a seperate doc with tracking info, do you scribble on
paper and throw it in a file folder, or what?
(I've used variations of these, of course...)
Jay