Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clang

Default Automatically save document when closing

I know I am creating a new document when I use a template; however, I work
with people who only use the very basics of the program. If I tell them they
have to create something instead of opening the template they get frazzled
and think they have to do a lot more than they actual have to do. So I have
gotten used to saying open a template.

Anyway, your instructions helped immensely. I have created the macro that
automatically goes to "SaveAs". Now I just need to figure out how to
deactive the "Cancel" button.

Thank you.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

First, you don't open a template to use it, you create a new document based
on the template. This may seem picky, but it is an important distinction.

Second, the default location will start as the Word documents folder
location. Once a document is opened or saved from within Word, that folder
becomes the new default location.

Third, you can set the save directory as part of an AutoNew procedure in
your template. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...SaveAsPath.htm
However, if the user opens or saves a document after that, it will switch
around, so...

Fourth, you can setup a substitute SaveAs command.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...tSavePrint.htm. Good luck.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Clang" wrote in message
Is it possible to configure a template so that when it is opened as a
document it will automatically save as a .doc to a specified location when
you close out of the document? I would want this to do this without
further
input from the individual using the template.