Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Problems with IF statement

Use the Enter key

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Briza" wrote in message
Thank you but how do I insert a carriage return.
What is the key or key combination in word 2007?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You must put the carriage return exactly where it appears in Graham's
post

{ MERGEFIELD Title } { MERGEFIELD FirstName } { MERGEFIELD LastName }¶
{ MERGEFIELD Addr1 }{ IF { MERGEFIELD Addr2 } "" "¶
{ MERGEFIELD Addr2 }" }¶
{ MERGEFIELD City } { MERGEFIELD State } { MERGEFIELD Postcode

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Briza" wrote in message
Thank you.
This worked however if address2 is blank it shows this:

Bob and Jane Smith
12 Microsoft Street

New York

Whereas I want it to put the new york line on the address2 line if
blank
like this:
Bob and Jane Smith
12 Microsoft Street
New York.

So could you tell me how to modify the if statement to do this?
Regards
Briza

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

{ MERGEFIELD Title } { MERGEFIELD FirstName } { MERGEFIELD LastName }
{ MERGEFIELD Addr1 }{ IF { MERGEFIELD Addr2 } "" "
{ MERGEFIELD Addr2 }" }
{ MERGEFIELD City } { MERGEFIELD State } { MERGEFIELD Postcode

Joe Di Giulio wrote:
Hello,

I am attempting to cater for a blank address2 in a mail merge. I
have
written the following expression:

{ MERGEFIELD Title } { MERGEFIELD FristName } { MERGEFIELD
LastName }
{ MERGEFIELD Addr1 }
{ IF { MERGEFIELD Addr2 } = "" "" "{ MERGEFIELD Addr2 }
" }{ MERGEFIELD City } { MERGEFIELD State } { MERGEFIELD
Postcode }

The intention is to enter Addr2 and a carriage return if Addr2 is
not
blank. I have two problems with this at the moment:
1. The carriage return is not working
2. If the text for Addr2 is "Level 21" only 21 is being displayed.

I have included the spaces in the IF statement as it appears in my
doc. Can someone point out where I have gone wrong? I am using Word
2003

Thanks in advance