Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Numbering, Bullets, Indents ......

If you're using outline numbering, you should be able to use Alt+Shift+Left
Arrow (as many times as needed) to promote the numbering level.

"Bill" wrote in message
Hi All,

I always get into trouble with this!!

I have a document of about three pages that uses numbering to clarify
certain sections of the document. Below those sections there are other
sections some of which have numbers (or letters) with indents to highlight
other small sections.

I now need to be able to go back to the far left side of the document and
continue from the last number used at that position. Normally I can do
this, although I have to admit that sometimes it does not continue from
the last number as I wish, and I have to customise the start number.

However on this occasion, and this has happened before, as soon as I click
on the toolbar button that should introduce the number, it indents to the
last used tab position which is too far to the right. I cannot get it to
accept anything other than that far right position if I want any form of
numbering.

Can anyone advise if there is remedy please.

Regards.
Bill.