Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Spelling Mystery

Word 2007, like Word 2003, also thinks that both are acceptable.

The easiest solution would be to create an AutoCorrect entry that
automatically changes "superintendant" to "superintendent" when it's typed.
Slightly more work would be to to create an exclude/exception dictionary,
and to put superintendant into it to force Word to flag it as wrong. I'd use
the former if they were my own mistakes, and the latter if I needed to
correct someone else's work (i.e., my own AutoCorrect entries don't force
someone else's Word to automatically get corrected).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"PT" wrote in message
The word "superintendent" is sometimes misspelled as "superintendant". In
my Word 2003, the misspelled version is not flagged by the spell checker.
I looked in my custom dictionary, to confirm that neither version is
included. So why no flagging?

--

PT