Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change

Insert, Field and select CreateDate. CreateDate will show the date the
template has been created, but when you open a new document from the
template, it shows the date the document was created.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"SlickRCBD" wrote in message
On Jan 9, 8:22 pm, "Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe
wrote:
The CreateData field should suit your purpose.

Pam

I'm unfamiliar with the tool in question. Could you please elaborate
how to accomplish my goal? The first few Google search results were
rather unhelpful.