Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document

The following macro run from a button on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or a
keyboard shortcut will select each bookmark in turn and pop up a message box
with its name. If you click cancel on the message the macro will stop at the
selected bookmark. http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub ShowBookmarkNames()
Dim oBookmark As Bookmark
Dim sStop As String
With ActiveDocument
For Each oBookmark In .Bookmarks
With oBookmark
.Select
sStop = MsgBox(.name, vbOKCancel, "Bookmarks")
If sStop = vbCancel Then Exit For
End With
Next oBookmark
End With

"dempen" wrote in message
Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document. I know
about Word Options Advanced Show document content Show bookmarks but
that only gives me brackets where the bookmarks are, but I would like the
bookmark names to show.

The reason why I want this is because I have a number of existing
documents,
who each contains tons of bookmarks and I would like, in an easy way, to
find
out where they all are.