Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ian-ok ian-ok is offline

Default Excel to Word mailmerge date problems

I'm using a excel spreadsheet to merge data into a word document. However within
my date columns I can also put 'pending' or 'n/a' So whenever a column contains
this the format of the date within the word document is not displayed but is
rather put as a calculation.

So for e.g
28/01/2010 is shown as 40206

How can i get round this, if I remove any of the pending or n/a the format is
ok. But I do need to display a pending or n/a and or the correct date format.

Even with using the following
@/ "dddd d MMMM yyyy"
It still doesn't help as the column contains a none date formatted input.

I've got the data in an excel spreadsheet a word document with text and using
mail merge.

So for instance column Date received has the following data:
28/1/2010
15/2/2010
pending
n/a
18/2/2010
etc

The data in the word doc will be similar to:
{MERGEFIELD "Date_Received" \@" dddd d MMMM yyyy"}

I don't need the whole list of merged documents, from the list I only use one
row of data and then copy and paste that into an email. I'll need another row
when another payment hase been received.

Thanks

Ian