Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

Default mail merge label question

On 2/21/2010 12:55 AM, Ben wrote:
On 2/21/2010 12:40 AM, Ben wrote:
Just a quick update - I did insert a title and last name field after the
word "Dear", but the mail merge (containing a list of 20 people)
inserted the same name on each page - i.e. each page which has 4
postcards ended up with all 4 postcards going to the 1 person so I ended
up with 20 pages of postcards with 4 postcards per person rather than 5
pages of postcards with 1 per person. How would I fix this?

Well, sorry for bothering everyone - at 1am I was getting impatient for
results, but a few minutes of tinkering about and I worked it out. The
mailings tab has both an "Insert Merge Field" menu for entering fields
and a "Rules" menu for inserting a "Next Record" instruction which
solved my problem (I failed to mention that I am using Word 2007 BTW).

Thank you very much.