Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Suppressing blank field when using an IF Statement in mail merge(word 2003)

It isn't actually completely clear what you are trying to suppress. If {
MERGEFIELD Main_Employer } is blank, you should get blank anyway. So can
you spell out what you need?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 24/02/2010 16:12, Fiona Pepper wrote:
Hi,

I would like to "suppress" a blank field when I use the following IF statement ...
{ IF {MERGEFIELD Location_Type} = "Office" "{MERGEFIELD Main_Employer}" ""}.

I have tried using the following:
\f
"""
{IF{MERGEFIELD}"""True""False"}

Nothing seems to work, but maybe I am placing them in the wrong part of the IF statement.

Any help that anyone can offer will greatfully be received.

Thanks in advance,
Fiona.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

Click on the ? button on the toolbar and then you should see a ? where you
25-Nov-07

Click on the ? button on the toolbar and then you should see a ? where you
pressed Enter.