Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bj bj is offline

Default two spaces or one

When I'm writing, I usually do the one-space method -- though I grew up &
was taught the two-space method (even then, my typing teacher was cranky
about the fact that I hit the spacebar with *the wrong thumb!).

When I'm editing articles for a newsletter I don't usually go through &
eliminate any two-spaces, though I do change paragraph formatting to
extra-space-after rather than the two-carriage-returns.

Actually, for the newsletter I do, I just make it look as easily-readable as
possible. I don't hold to any hard & fast rules even with the styles I've
set up & been using for years.

I don't remember what I did for my thesis 15 years ago but I didn't get any
complaints about it.
bj

"Tom Willett" wrote in message
In all my years of using any word processor, I have never once had anyone
contact me to point out whether there is one too many spaces in my
documents. Nor have they complained that there were'nt enough spaces.

The bottom line is, who really cares? Except maybe those who chastise
others
for top posting ;-)

Tom
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
: Stephen Larivee wrote:
: What is the preferred way of typing today, to put one or two spaces
: at the end of a sentence?
:
: Preferred by whom?
:
: This is the subject of one of those never-ending wars, akin to
PC-vs.-Mac.
: Neither side will give in soon.
: