Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LVTravel[_2_] LVTravel[_2_] is offline

Default two spaces or one

"Stephen Larivee" wrote in message
What is the preferred way of typing today, to put one or two spaces at the
end of a sentence?

OK, now since you posted over 10 hours ago and have gotten quite a bit of
advice, here is the definitive answer. It totally depends on your target
audience and personal preference in that order. If you are doing a document
that is going to be published and are told to use a particular style
publication manual then you need to use it for your work.

If this is correspondence to a business associate, where neatness counts,
find out what the company policy may be. After all you are working for the
company. If they don't care, as long as it is neat and readable, then you
shouldn't care either.

I came up through the typewriter days and had to double space after the
period all the time. I now normally single space on a computer as this is
just one less keystroke I have to make between sentences. I still forget
sometime and do put double spaces between sentences some times. Again mostly
it will be personal choice.

Have a great day.