Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DeeDeeCee DeeDeeCee is offline

Default Can "content" be incorporated into a REF field?

I have a letter template in which the " xxxx" line sometimes should
include an account number. I can put in a REF field that will automatically
enter the account number from another place in the document, with a bookmark
around it. I want to have the language "Account Number" in front of the
actual number in the xxxx line, if I do so.

The problem is that sometimes there is no account number, and in those cases
I DON'T want the words "Account Number" to appear, as there will be nothing
after it.

Thanks for any advice.

ddc

Is there any way to set up the template and/or the REF field so that if
there is an account number, the words "Account Number" appear, followed by
the actual number...but if there is no account number in the bookmark, then
nothing at all appears in the xxxx line?